Sunday, May 20, 2012

We Threw One Hell of A Birthday Bash

We know we are good..but we didn't realize just how good we really were, until we got Flogging Molly involved in the birthday party! Party planning for Richie's birthday started several months ago when I texted Jason asking him to get us tickets for Flogging Molly..." I will give you all my coke money until I get you paid off.." ( he thought it was a drug deal I was telling him about)  We hid the fact that we were going until last week, and if you know us, THIS is a BIG thing, we hide nothing. We figured it was time to treat Richard to a concert where he had actually heard of the people, not to mention actually listens to them. Plus it was at the Cains Ballroom..we Love the Cains . If the concert
is elsewhere we hesitate at going.
 The night started at Mexicali's a few blocks down where we went for dinner and a few drinks ( we are believers in a bit of pregaming) While there Richard notices a few tables over is some of the members of Flogging Molly. Jess and I go outside to smoke and plot, I mean we want to meet them but we don't want to interrupt their dinner, we are not rude people. Jason calls us and tells us they have left their table and are now in the bar. Its time to make our move. We walk into the bar, they are taking shots and I ask for a picture with them and they start chatting us up like they know us. They ask if we are going to the show and I tell them yes its my hubbies birthday present from all of us. Then they ask if we know they dude in the Guinness shirt. Well yeah that is my hubbie so I call him over...
On to the concert...................... The opening band..we have no idea who they are, I tell Jason I feel like I am in Hee Haw, he says more like Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Richard spent his time wiping out our bank account at the Merch Table ( Never has he been so free with money at a Merch Table) I promise Jason we would stand in the back for the first time ( Did I mention I am not good at keeping promises?) Flogging Molly hits the stage with Drunken Lullabies. OH. MY. GOD. The somewhat subdued crowd turns into a frenzy, and it doesn't end until they walk off the stage at the end of the night. NEVER have I willingly been thrown around, stomped on or had beer thrown in my face and not complained. Justin and Rich were able to cross off Circle Moshing on their bucket lists. Jess and I took part in shoving people in , but no way were we getting into the middle of it. Jason and Matty looked on in horror. People went in with clothes on and came out missing them. ( Male Bonding is a strange thing..) There was no way you could stand still even if you wanted to . The floor of the Cains is built on truck springs so once the crowd started their constant jumping we all jumped. I felt like it probably measured on the earthquake scale. Shoving...pushing....shoving..pushing...odd people dance odd ritual dances..the concert finally comes to an end. We are beer soaked and sweaty.
OH NO...back up a bit...BEEP ....BEEP....BEEP...
Before the concert Rich sees a bright bean of light..like the second coming and it shines down on Dennis Casey who is in the audience watching Oh Brother Where Art Thou, he waves at Richard, and then they disappear together. I am afraid to ask where, I mean if that happened to me and Alex Turner......Jason chimes in with Blow jobs on the tour bus, turns out it was bonding with shots of Jameson.
So back to where I left off. Rich finds Dennis after the show ( NEVER can he mention my fan girling again)
They chat, Dennis sings Happy Birthday to him and showers him with free merch ( This would have saved my bank account if I had only known) Now as this fun little personal party was going on Matty and I are being man
  handled by security ( which would have been fine if he had been cute,,,) I'm trying to get Richards attention, so we are not handcuffed..( AGAIN, couldn't he have been cute??) But Rich is having none of it and lets us get thrown out so he can continue Bromancing with Dennis. Who knew a few shots of Jameson and some Irish dude would be the downfall of your marriage!!
Anyway...Happy Birthday Dude..we hope you enjoyed it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment