Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tragic Tulsa Take on Arctic Monkeys

WARNING:I asked Matty and Jess to give their account of the concert experience but since I haven't gotten anything this may seem a bit biased ...

BLACK KEYS WHO????? I could just leave it at that and it would pretty much sum up my experience on Saturday night . It is a well known fact that I paid to see the Arctic Monkeys perform and oh did they perform. But lets start from the back of the line to get into the BOK...............
  TWO HOURS EARLY and I am still not anywhere near the front doors, let alone first in line. Then there was a wild bathroom break with Corey... to the Pizza place where we had to buy drinks just to pee ( Which makes no sense because once I drink it I'm just going to have to pee again) I wont even mention the door man that announced as the doors began to open that there were actually 4 lines and the people that had been there all of 15 minutes were now ahead of me also. Plus the taste of blood in my mouth from having to bite my tongue when the girl in front of me asked..." Do you know anything about the cover band that is opening..." was making me sick to my stomach ( COVER BAND? WTF?)
Back to my goal of front and center....we go thru the doors ( I'm plotting my escape the whole time by the way) and scan our tickets. Most people were stopping at the Merch booth ( really no need for me to stop, Arctic Monkeys have the suckiest Merch on the planet) Time for wrist bands giving us access to the floor. Mine gets clamped on and I grab Jason's hand and take off running, I am surprised his wristband made it on his arm cause I was pulling him as they were trying to get it on. We hit the stairs to the floor running ( watch that bottom step its a tricky one) Jason and I make it...the Gods of music were watching over me and planted me right in front of Alex's microphone! Hey....where is the rest of the gang???

Check the watch......45 minutes to showtime...TICK...TICK.....TICK....TICK....




The lights go dim. EEP.....Alex hits the stage in his much loved Blue Leather jacket. He looks like if I licked him he would taste of Cheap beer, sex and rays of sunshine ( YUM )




I cant tell you what song they came out playing, maybe Library Pictures? No..that was the last concert in Dallas. I was so blinded by the beauty in front of me I completely lost my mind! But the show was wonderful and the highlights of it for me were:

*Alex shedding the lovely blue leather jacket he loves so well.....






*Alex's ass every time he turned to face Helders...( Damn straight I took a picture)




*Helders laying down a drumstick, then beating the drum making it fly and Alex catching it...






*Alex doing Kung Fu moves during Don't Sit Down Cause I moved your chair.  (He also did the Macarena)



* Alex's magic quarter trick at the beginning of Crying Lightning....








*Alex sipping his beer ( Oh to be that bottle of Shiner's)

*Alex humping against his guitar ( lost my mind and balance on that one cant even tell you what song it was)

*The ENTIRE performance of I Bet You Looked Good on the Dance Floor....







*Alex saying his girl friends name... Ariella... after singing the lines .." You have got that face that just says Baby I was made to break your heart..." Is that not the sweetest thing??? ( NOTE TO ALEXA: Do not cheat on Alex Turner, even after 4 years of togetherness you can easily be replaced)

* All the jumping..sliding on knees..and stupid Elvis moves that Alex did throughout the show...

It came to an end all to soon with RU Mine....






Alex put down his guitar, put on his blue leather jacket and left us....



Oh the despair in the Departure Lounge...

No comments:

Post a Comment